We would like to thank you for your ongoing support as we enter the last two weeks of what has been a most unusual school year.
We again remind families to follow the restrictions in place for schools as advised by SA Health and the Department for Education. Specifically these involve:
- Minimising the number of people coming and going from school. This means, wherever possible, please drop and collect your child at the gate or drop off zone and maintain the appropriate physical distance from other adults. If you need to be on school grounds to support your child’s entry, we ask that you leave straight away. Thank you.
- Restricting contact with school staff. If you need to speak with someone from the front office, please do so by phone – do not enter the admin building. Similarly, if you need to contact your child’s teacher, please do so via email, Seesaw or phone. We ask that you do not enter classrooms / school buildings.
- The wearing of masks. If you do need to be on school grounds, masks are encouraged.
Student Free Day – Rescheduled to Friday 11 December
- Due to the recent lockdown on Friday 20 November, we were unable to proceed with our last student free day for the year, which was planned for that particular day.
- Having sought advice from our local education director and approval from our governing council, the student free day has now been rescheduled for Friday 11th December.
- This means that Thursday 10th December will be the last day of school for students in 2020. Normal dismissal.
- We realise this is at short notice, however it is important that our teachers and support staff have the opportunity to undertake valuable curriculum planning in preparation for 2021 as well as finalising student learning data profiles for next year’s teachers.
- For families requiring care on this day, the OSHC service will be available free of charge.
- If you are currently enrolled for OSHC and would like to book in for the student free day on Friday 11 December, please book through Xplor as a Vac care day, the fee will be updated once booked in.
- If you wish to book in for Friday 11th, but are not enrolled for OSHC please complete and submit the enrolment form online and download the Xplor Home app to book in.
- Any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact OSHC on [email protected] or 0427271768
- Enrolment form link
- Below are the Xplor Home app links for Apple and Android devices.
End of Year Events
- Year Graduation Wednesday 9th December – We are waiting for further announcements from the Chief Public Health Officer early this week and the subsequent advice from SA Health which may impact on this event given it is being held at public venues. Families of students in Year 7 will be provided with an update early this week.
- Year 7/8 Transition Visits – Visits for Year 7 students moving to Year 8 will continue as normal.
- Gala Day is an annual favourite event where students use their enterprising skills to prepare market style stalls. Please check in with the recent post for more information for this year’s event.
- Craigburn’s Got Talent promises to be an enjoyable event set for Monday 7 December.
- Reception Transition – Our new Reception students completed their third transition visit last Wednesday in preparation for their first year of school. A big thank you to Lisa Barkham for once again providing valuable support to welcome new children and families to Craigburn.
- Year 3/4 Camp – The second Year 3/4 team enjoyed their delayed camp experience at Nunyara, Belair. We have greatly appreciated the parent volunteer support for all school camps held this term.
- Sapsasa Boys Cricket – A valiant effort by our boys team on Thursday against Belair who were just too good on the day. A terrific achievement to make the final four teams in the state.
- Premier’s Challenges – Congratulations to all students who completed their Reading and / or Be Active challenges – medals and certificates were awarded to students – details here.
Staffing / Class Numbers Update
- With two weeks remaining to end the school year, we are aiming to finalise our staffing allocation for 2021, in liaison with the department’s central staffing team.
- Each year brings about a change to our staff list with: new teacher appointments, teachers leaving / appointed to other sites, teachers returning from or taking leave, and teachers increasing / decreasing their fraction of time. There will also be a number of teachers working in a part-time capacity where classes will be shared.
- At this stage we will have 20 classes for 2021, remaining the same as this year.
Class Placement Update
- After much consideration, we have developed our class structure for 2021 – based on our projected enrolments for 2021 and the requirements of the department’s student centred funding model.
- The class structure supports our ethos of teachers working collaboratively in teams and smaller class sizes in the early years of schooling. Again, with varying numbers of students across each year level we will have a mixture of straight year level and composite classes.
- It is important to note that we will not be in a position to move students. Moving a student from one class to another inevitably changes the environment of multiple class groupings and for this reason, we will not be in a position to move students.
- We respectfully ask that parents / caregivers do not approach current teachers regarding class placements.
- Students will be informed of their placement on Wednesday 9th December, where they will visit their new class for 2021 after Recess.
- On the same day, parents / caregivers are informed via a class placement letter along with their child’s end of year report. Parents / caregivers of children starting in reception will receive placement letters via email.
- ThankED is an initiative by the department that gives you the chance to celebrate and thank public educators who make a difference every day, as well as those people who work in support of them.
- Through ThankED the local community have a new and exciting way to show their appreciation.
- ThankED can be accessed here www.education.sa.gov.au/ThankED
Term 4 Events
- 7/12 (Monday) Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 10/12 R,1,2 Fun Day (details to come)
- 9/12 (Wednesday) Class Swaps for 2021, End of Year Reports, Year 7 Graduation
- 10/12 (Thursday) Last Day of the Term – Normal Dismissal 3.10pm
- 11/12 (Friday) Student Free Day
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Please check the lost property stall for any items that may have been misplaced over last term.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email [email protected] This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.