Book Week – Thanks
What a fabulous turnout to our annual Character Dress Up Day on Friday. Thank you to all parents / carers who got into the spirit of the day, supporting their child/ren to dress within the theme of Curious Creatures, Wild Minds.
Check out some of the amazing costumes on our school Facebook Page. The Book Fair is still open (Tuesday last day) with lots of great books on display. Special thanks to Library SSO Jane Graham for coordinating the Book Fair.
World Teachers Day – Friday 30 October
Australia will celebrate and thank the teaching profession on World Teachers’ Day – Friday 30 October.
Teachers (with support from parents and carers) have ensured education continues across the country this year, despite major challenges. It’s reinforced the significant role teachers play in the lives of children and students, their families and communities.
On Friday 30 October, say a big thank you to your child/ren’s teachers and celebrate the bright future of teaching.
We are fortunate to have such a dedicated and professional team of teachers at Craigburn who genuinely care about each and every student they teach.
We are very pleased to be able to run school camps in Term 4 this year amidst the COVID pandemic. We are fortunate to be able to offer these wonderful learning opportunities for our students and are grateful for parent / carer and staff support.
We extend our best wishes to the Year 5 students / staff heading to Wirraway Homestead on Wednesday to Friday this week.
As students progress through their years of schooling, many opportunities become available for them to participate in various extra-curricular activities and programs. We acknowledge the following students for their achievements.
- Congratulations to our Boys Basketball / Cricket, Mountain Bike and District Athletics teams – all of whom proudly represented Craigburn in their recent events and competitions. The basketball and cricket teams were undefeated in their games last week – the basketballers are now off to the state finals and cricketers to the next round.
- Thanks once again to our Physical Education teacher, Karen Pettman, for organising these activities as well as parents who coached and supported the teams on the day.
- Congratulations to Finlay and Jack (Mr Webster’s and Mrs Shearer’s classes) who recently attended the RoboCup Junior Competition (STEM Education) – as part of the Adelaide Robotics Academy.
- The boys competed in the soccer part of the competition coming in first place. A fabulous achievement – well done boys.
Show Us Your Garden
- What a pleasant surprise to see Craigburn feature in the recent edition of ‘PIP – The Australian Permaculture’ magazine. Well done to Sophia in Year 2 who shared her love of gardening at school.
- Special mention to our garden teacher Emily whose work with students in the school garden is greatly valued.
Reminder – School Closure – Friday 6 November – Meet and Support Your Local Community
- As per last week’s post, our school closure is set for Friday 6 November the day after Sports Day.
- Thank you to those of you who have sent through details to promote your service / business.
- The flyer will be distributed later this week.
- Sports Day Update – As per last week’s wrap, we are pleased to inform you that Sports Day will proceed with adult attendance, albeit with restrictions / adjustments in place as per the advice from SA Health and the Department. Online registration will be available this week.
- Parenting Article via Developing Minds – 12 practical steps to support children and young people who have experienced grief and loss
- School Closure – Friday 6/11 – Week 4 – Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day.
- Student Free Day – Friday 20/11 – Week 6 – OSHC service will be open on this day
- Please check the lost property station adjacent to the hall toilets for any items that may have been misplaced.
- Ongoing reminder to keep up to date with school related COVID-19 practices. We appreciate families and friends continuing to take note of this information and acting accordingly.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email [email protected] This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Term 4 Events
- 28/10 – 30/10 (Wed – Fri) Year 5 Camp – Wirraway Homestead
- 30/10 (Friday) World Teachers’ Day
- 5/11 (Thursday) Sports Day
- 6/11 (Friday) School Closure – Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day
- 11/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 1
- 11/11 – 13/10 Year 6 Camp – El Shaddai
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – 19/10 (Thursday) Year 7 Camp [email protected]
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes A6, C14, C15
- 18/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 2
- 18/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes C16, C17
- 20/11 (Friday) Student Free Day – Staff working onsite – OSHC Open
- 25/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 3
- 27/11 (Friday) Music if Fun Incursion
- 1/12 (Tuesday) Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Celebration Night – To be Advised
- 9/12 (Wednesday) Year 7 Graduation
- 11/12 Last Day of the Term
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.