Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap to keep up to date with school happenings.
We look forward to our annual Character Dress Up Day on Friday. Unfortunately, due to COVID restrictions we are unable to have parents and friends join us in the Hall for the Book Week assembly. We will look to share photos via our FB page on the day.
Sports Day Update
We are pleased to inform you that Sports Day will proceed with adult attendance, albeit with restrictions / adjustments in place as per the advice from SA Health and the Department.
Key points to note:
- Adult attendees will be restricted to 1 per family. This is to maintain a total public gathering of under 1000 (inclusive of students / staff) as per the requirements from SA Health.
- Online registration will be set up to meet contact tracing requirements. This will outline conditions of entry (eg wellness, social distancing etc). Registration details to be shared soon.
- Adult attendees will be required to check in at one of two main entrances. If needed, adults will be able to crossover at Recess and / or Lunch key for another adult / family member to attend.
- Extra signage / bunted off areas will be in place.
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- BYO food / drink / chairs. There will not be a sausage sizzle / cake stall. The canteen will operate for students as normal.
- Extra spot cleaning will take place in toilets.
- Schools are not required to have COVID marshals – however leadership will be visible and gently remind adults to socially distance.
- Please direct any questions to the front office.
- The Sports Day program to be finalised and shared prior to the day.
Who will win this year’s Sports Day Shield – Woodforde, Riley, Bradman or Fraser?
We look forward to an exciting and fun day.
Reminder: School Closure and Student Free Day
As per previous posts:
- School Closure – Friday 6/11 – Week 4 – Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day.
- Student Free Day – Friday 20/11 – Week 6 – OSHC service will be open on this day
- Great to see our Boys Mountain Bike team in action last Friday. Well done to Angus who came 2nd in the U/13 team event. Photos here.
- Best wishes to our Cricket and Boys Basketball team who are competing in their events this week.
Term 4 Events
- 21/10 (Wednesday) – 22/10 (Thursday) – Book Week Incursion – Tony Bones
- 21/10 (Wednesday) – Sapsasa Cricket (at Craigburn)
- 22/10 – 27/10 Book Fair (Thursday) begins
- 22/10 – Sapsasa Basketball (Thursday)
- 23/10 (Friday) Character Dress Up Day – Theme: Curious Creatures, Wild Minds
- 28/10 – 30/10 (Wed – Fri) Year 5 Camp – Wirraway Homestead
- 30/10 (Friday) World Teachers’ Day
- 5/11 (Thursday) Sports Day
- 6/11 (Friday) School Closure – Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day
- 11/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 1
- 11/11 – 13/10 Year 6 Camp – El Shaddai
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – 19/10 (Thursday) Year 7 Camp [email protected]
- 18/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 2
- 20/11 (Friday) Student Free Day – Staff working onsite – OSHC Open
- 25/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 3
- 27/11 (Friday) Music if Fun Incursion
- 1/12 (Tuesday) Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Celebration Night – To be Advised
- 9/12 (Wednesday) Year 7 Graduation
- 11/12 Last Day of the Term
To Note / Reminders
- Please check the lost property station adjacent to the hall toilets for any items that may have been misplaced.
- Ongoing reminder to keep up to date with school related COVID-19 practices. We appreciate families and friends continuing to take note of this information and acting accordingly.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email [email protected] This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.