It was great to see everyone back at school on Tuesday ready for the term ahead, with all in good spirits after the holiday break. The fine weather conditions made for a most pleasant week with students enjoying their outdoor lessons and play breaks.
On Monday’s student free day, our teaching staff had a most engaging day of learning, which involved a live webinar with education consultant Joe Ybarra from Los Angeles. Joe, who visited and worked wth us earlier this year, led us through an advanced training workshop on explicit direct instruction (EDI). EDI is an instructional teaching framework, built around seven lesson design components, and based on educational research proven to positively impact student learning. EDI lessons use a variety of research based strategies to explain, model and demonstrate concepts for students, while also incorporating strategies for student engagement, checking for understanding and the use of higher order questioning.
This Friday, our Sapsasa Boys Footy and Girls Netball teams, will be competing in their respective competitions. We wish them all the very best and thank them for representing our school.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky
To Note / Reminders
- A friendly reminder to check in with last week’s Wrap with the latest COVD-19 update / information.
- School Photos: Are set for Tuesday 11th August – envelope packs to go home this week.
Key Dates For The Week Ahead
- School Tour 4.00pm (for families who have registered).
- Sapsasa Boys Football and Girls Netball
2021 Reception Enrolments / Transition
- We are contacting families that have a sibling enrolment for 2021 with enrolment information.
- Please note the correct dates for this year’s transition sessions – Wednesdays 11th, 18th and 25th of November.
Leaving Craigburn in 2021?
- Aside from Year 7 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2021, please inform the front office.
- This will help us with our forward planning for the 2021 school year. Thank you.