Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s Weekly Wrap as well as other recent news posts. The 2020 school year is quickly drawing to a close, although there is still much to cover over the next four weeks.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Sapsasa Boys Basketball – State Finals
- Good luck to the upper primary boys basketball team competing in the state finals on Monday at St Clair Stadium. Excellent teamwork and coaching has delivered this great opportunity. Good luck team and coach Andrea.
Reminder – Student Free Day – Friday 20th November
- This Friday is the final student free day for the year.
- Teachers will be undertaking a review and analysis of student learning data and curriculum planning for the 2021 school year.
Last Day of the School Year – Early Dismissal – 2.10pm
- Due to the department’s recent policy and procedures update regarding early dismissals, schools are now only able to dismiss students up to one hour prior to normal dismissal.
- This means that on our last school day of the year, Friday 11th December, students will be dismissed at 2.10pm – this dismissal time endorsed by our governing council.
School Facilities Projects
- You may have read / heard in the media that schools will receive a funding grant from the state budget to support schools with high priority maintenance projects. We look forward to receiving our allocation in 2021 and undertaking a number of maintenance projects.
- In addition to receiving this allocation, we are currently working closely with our facilities management team on the hall / gym flooring upgrade (to be completed before school recommences in 2021) and the renewal of the amphitheatre steps adjacent to the lower basketball court. Both projects, corporately funded, total in excess of $200K.
- Best wishes to the Year 7 team heading off to Wallaroo this Tuesday and to our Year 3/4 team who have overnight stays at Nunyara Belair on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Well done to the Year 6 campers who spent three days at El Shaddai last week. Special thanks to the teachers, support staff and parents who attended.
Student / Class Placement Update
- The student / class placement process is a complex and time-consuming one, involving multiple factors. Students will be informed of their class placement on Wednesday 9th December, when they get to visit their new class for 2021 after Recess. On the same day, parents / carers will be informed via a class placement letter along with their child’s end of year report.
- At this time of the term, teachers are spending many hours writing student reports.
- As part of this reporting process, teachers work with year level team colleagues to moderate and discuss student assessments to ensure consistency of teacher judgement when reporting A-E grades for subject areas within the Australian Curriculum.
- On Wednesday we welcomed our new receptions starters and families for 2021, who continue their visits this week on Wednesday – special welcome to new families.
- A big thank you to our Year 7 students for their special welcome to parents.
- Well done and thanks to our student leaders who led the Remembrance Day ceremony at our whole school assembly on Wednesday.
Last Week’s Wrap
- If needed, please check in with last week’s wrap which included the following items:
- Material and Services Charges – Polling Letter and Information
- Celebration Night – Cancellation
- Class Structure / Student Placement for 2021
Term 4 Events
- 16/11 (Monday) – Sapsasa Boys Basketball State Finals
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – 19/10 (Thursday) Year 7 Camp [email protected]
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes A6, C14, C15
- 18/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 2
- 18/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes C16, C17
- 20/11 (Friday) Student Free Day – Staff working onsite – OSHC Open
- 25/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 3
- 27/11 (Friday) Music if Fun Incursion
- 7/12 (Monday) Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 9/12 (Wednesday) Year 7 Graduation
- 11/12 Last Day of the Term – Dismissal 2.10pm
To Note / Reminders
- Student Free Day – Friday 20/11 – Week 6 – OSHC service will be open on this day
- Please check the lost property station adjacent to the hall toilets for any items that may have been misplaced.
- Ongoing reminder to keep up to date with school related COVID-19 practices. We appreciate families and friends continuing to take note of this information and acting accordingly.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email [email protected] This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.