Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s Weekly Wrap as well as other recent news posts.
We are almost midway through the term with many programs / activities / events still ahead of us. We thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s Wrap as well as other recent news posts.
Year 5 Camp – A big thank you to Mrs Hepworth, Mrs Bellette and Mr Webster who along with supporting volunteer parents, organised and led a highly successful camp to Wirraway Homestead. Well done to all students who attended the camp – your behaviour was exemplary. A great experience all round. A few more school camps to go.
World Teachers Day – We thank parents, carers and friends who took time to recognise the efforts and work of our teachers on Friday. Our teaching staff really appreciated the thoughtful messages.
Sports Day – Thursday 5/11 – An important community event on our school calendar. Thank you to Karen Pettman and supporting staff who have been organising the program. As previously posted, Sports Day will proceed with adult attendance, albeit with restrictions / adjustments in place as per the advice from SA Health and the Department. Please stay tuned for the online registration. (We apologise for the delay). Reminder, only one adult per family attending, allowing for swap overs.
School Closure – Friday 6/11 – Meet and Support Your Local Community – Flyer to come (again apologies for the delay).
As students progress through their years of schooling, many opportunities become available for them to participate in various extra-curricular activities and programs. We acknowledge the following students.
Sapsasa Boys Softball
- Congratulations to Year 6 student Aiden L who this week will be representing Southern Heights / City South in the 2020 School Sport SA Softball Sapsasa State Carnival at Barratt Reserve West Beach. Good luck Aiden!
- Good luck to Harry P playing in the SA Primary Schools stage 2 state final golf event at West Beach Parks Golf Course on Thursday 5 November. Good luck Harry!
Cycling Sporting Achievement
- Last week Angus C competed in the School Sport SA Cycling Championship at Victoria Park. The event consisted of 3 races, a Time Trial, Points Race and Criterium. Angus won all of his races and finished in first place, State Gold Junior C Boys. Awesome achievement Angus.
To Note / Reminders
- School Closure – Friday 6/11 – Week 4 – Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day.
- Student Free Day – Friday 20/11 – Week 6 – OSHC service will be open on this day
- Please check the lost property station adjacent to the hall toilets for any items that may have been misplaced.
- Ongoing reminder to keep up to date with school related COVID-19 practices. We appreciate families and friends continuing to take note of this information and acting accordingly.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email [email protected] This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Term 4 Events
- 5/11 (Thursday) Sports Day
- 6/11 (Friday) School Closure – Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day
- 11/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 1
- 11/11 – 13/10 Year 6 Camp – El Shaddai
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – 19/10 (Thursday) Year 7 Camp [email protected]
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes A6, C14, C15
- 18/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 2
- 18/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes C16, C17
- 20/11 (Friday) Student Free Day – Staff working onsite – OSHC Open
- 25/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 3
- 27/11 (Friday) Music if Fun Incursion
- 1/12 (Tuesday) Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Celebration Night – To be Advised
- 9/12 (Wednesday) Year 7 Graduation
- 11/12 Last Day of the Term
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.